COVID-19 Social Distancing and Sanitizing Protocols
Keeping You Safe:
I was vaccinated with 2 Moderna vaccine doses (2/4/21 and 3/4/21).
Below you will find the modifications I have made to my teaching space and the protocols I have implemented to ensure our safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These changes follow the guidelines made by San Mateo County Public Health Policy and Planning, and by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Students are scheduled 1/2 hour apart from each other in order to avoid any interaction, as well as to allow time for sanitizing.
- There will be only one student present on the premises at all times, unless two students belong to the same household.
- Students should not attend their lessons if they have one of the following symptoms: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing, and fatigue.
- Anyone entering the house will wear a face covering and washes their hands in the entrance way of the house.
- The teaching area is 370 square feet and is ventilated by two open windows and an open door to the courtyard.
- I have a plexiglass shield between myself and the student.
- Coughing and sneezing will be done into a cloth or tissue, or, if not available, into an elbow.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and disposable pens will be available on demand.
- After each lesson, all high contact surfaces, such as the teaching table, chairs, doorknobs, faucets, and bathroom area will be sanitized. I sanitize with a UV wand, as well as with soap and water.
Teacher – Student interactions:
- Both students and I will wear face coverings and sit at least 6 feet apart during our lessons.
- Students will bring their own books and notebooks to their lessons.
Teacher – Parent interactions:
- Parents who need to talk to me or accompany their student, please let me know in advance if possible, so that I can accommodate you safely.
Updated Payment Procedures:
- To avoid unnecessary contact, tuition can be placed in an envelope, in cash or in the form of a check, to be placed in a designated location.
Thank you for your cooperation with the new safety protocols. If you need to schedule a tutoring session, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My best wishes to you and your family for continued good health.